Yes, this is a huge project....but something is finally getting done. It is a solution, with action-oriented plans and funding opportunities, and institutional ideas and strength behind it. I appreciate the heritage concerns - those are classic buildings, one of a kinds - but where is the money to fix them? Where has it been? Where is the political will? There have been 30 years of ideas and talk as they have deteriorated....
Look for new concepts to materialize shortly, that powerfully capture the needs of the community and the focus to recapture the vitality of an urban downtown, family friendly environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, I hope you keep this blog going. There is very little info about Brantford on the net and I think having some great blogs from the Brantford Community will fill in some of the void.
ReplyDeleteHey, just stumbled across your blog and like what you are aiming to do. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteI just moved to Brantford and love to see citizens standing up and speaking for what they believe in. Kudos!